Thursday, January 18, 2007

Got To Keep On Rising

This is how I became to be what I am today...

I was lucky enough to be made by a chicken that lived in the countryside. When young, we roamed and ranged freely with other eggs amongst various types of nature, such as cows and fields and a cuckoo. Then one morning a sorcerer arrived with a saucepan full of water and took me away in it. His name was Arkan Barkum and he had chosen me for a mysterious intention which would change my life forever.

He carried me in the saucepan back to his house and put on a Doors album, it was the first time I'd heard them. Then he switched on the cooker and put the pan on it, which made everything warm. Next he sprinkled something secret onto the water e.g... egg... i.e. a secret. The Doors started to play 'L.A. Woman' as the water around me bubbled and fizzed quickly. Arkan Barkum joined in with the song and stamped his feet to the beat as Jim Morrison sang about a mojo rising. The sorcerer stared at me seriously as he began to chant in an extreme manner...
"Mr Boiled Egg risiiinnng... Mr Boiled Egg risiinnng..." etc etc.

Technicolour hippy steam rose up from the saucepan, and his knees went up higher and higher as he stamped his feet. Then he held out his arms as his voice growled louder and louder...
"Got to keep on risiiinnnng... BOILED EGG RISIIINNNNG." Strange and wonderful things happened inside me as I bobbled in the bubbles, and suddenly the saucepan began to spin around... round and around it went... with swirling coloured steam pulsating to the beat of The Doors.

The sorcerer's voice turned into a manic shout which went faster as his arms started to slowly rise into the air...
"BOILED EGG RAH ZEE!... RAH ZEE RAAH ZEEE!!... GOTT-TURR KEEEP ON RAAH ZEEE!!!... RAAARRGGHH ZEEE RAAAARRRRGGGH DEEE!!!!" (I thought he'd gone mad). "RRAAAAARRRRGGGHHH DEEEE... RAAAAAARRRRGGGHH DEEE... UUURRRRGGGHH... WWWWOOOOOOO... WHHOOAAAAAHH... YYYAAAYYY... WOOOOOOOO...!!!!!!" Suddenly I shot out of the pan and through the roof... high up into the blue yonder... then landed in a deckchair in the back garden.
"YEAH!" I shouted.

I've never been the same since then, because this experience gave me the willpower to go sight-seeing and relax. This is how I became to be what I am today.


See colour photo above, which was taken by Arkan Barkum just before I took off.

12 comments:

Hellcat said...

EGG!

BoiledEggIn aDeckchair said...

HELLCAT!!

Hellcat said...

*crunch*

BoiledEggIn aDeckchair said...

Stop that or I'll wave my deckchair at you.

crazzy piggy said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! *respect* :@)

Je ne comprends pas all that you say, but I will never regarder un egg with the same oeil!

Et je ne lookerai jamais non plus a deckchair avec the same oeil! Btw, what is a deckchair?

And Oh! you got a *crunch*, je suis almost jaloux.... :@)

BoiledEggIn aDeckchair said...

Hello CrazyPig... I like your words about eggs! A deckchair is complicated, it folds up then falls down, and has stripes on it. I'm not sure about getting a *crunch,* it hurts.

Hellcat said...

*CRUNCH*

crazzy piggy said...

Votre description of a deckchair is making moi un petit peu dizzy... I wonder comment pouvez-vous stay sitting on that!!!
Maybe I chould buy a dictionnaire...

Oh, hurting! Love without hurt is not l'amour!!! Come on! I am french, I know a lot about love and hurt... :@)

BoiledEggIn aDeckchair said...

Hellcat... thank you.

CrazyPig... in the summer sometimes.

tsduff said...

"Mr. Boiled Egg Rising" made me laugh out loud!!

BoiledEggIn aDeckchair said...

You would'nt if you were boiling. Thank you.

tsduff said...

But you said "strange and wonderful things began to happen".... :-D